Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Plagiarists Please Apply

So just how desperate for content can the National Ledger be? That's what I'm wondering after heading over to their site earlier today to see if they had done anything to address the blatant plagiarism engaged in by one of their authors -- a Mr. Vincent Gioia, a retired patent attorney and apparent former president of the American Rose Society. As I noted in an earlier post, I discovered that Mr. Gioia plagiarized a recent article on the Energy Independence and Security Act by using a newfound technological breakthrough that we journalists like to use: the Google.

Now, after thanking me for bringing the plagiarism to his attention, National Ledger editor CK Rairden told me three days ago that "we will deal with the matter". So, how did he deal with it? By publishing Mr. Gioia -- again -- this time so that he can rail against "global warming zealots", like those, apparently, who think global warming is a real phenomena. I guess I shouldn't expect much from a conservative tabloid site that runs plagiarists right alongside breathless "news" articles about naked teen starlets -- but, damn it, I do.

Again, I ask: Is there really such a dearth of Republican hackery that the National Ledger need publish people like Vincent Gioia to pass off the work of others as their own?

Apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment